Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dia de los Muertos Blog Hop

Pin It
Welcome to the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Blog Hop

 

 
Dia de los Muertos is a holiday for remembering and honoring those who have passed. It is a festive, joyous time of celebration. Day of the Dead is Mexico's most important holiday.

Our blog hop will be centered around Sugar skulls. Sugar skulls are by far the most popular symbol of  Mexico's most famous holiday, Dia de los Muertos. 
 
To learn more about this Holiday visit:
 
Connie Can Crop is the first stop on this Festive Blog Hop.
This is a one day blog hop and we appreciate your leaving a comment for all of my fabulous crafty friends who are here sharing their ideas and creations.  


We have an awesome sponsor and giveaway for this hop!


Designs on Cloud 9 is giving away a $10 gift certificate to one lucky winner!! 

You can shop their store here.
And even like them on facebook for more fun.


  So what do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a  comment letting them know what you like best about their projects. 


Then come back to Connie Can Crop and post that you followed the rules.


 You will have until 12:00 am Sunday to finish the  hop and leave your comments. Winner will be announced on Wednesday Winners at Connie Can Crop.


Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment  along the way!

I love sugar skulls and was looking for a reason to create one with the Ole cartridge from Cricut. They only have the one skull on the cartridge but with tons of papers and embellishments on the market you can create a different sugar skull every time.
I decided to create a wall hanging in the color scheme red and black.

 
I used some rubons for the flowers inside the eyes, lots of bling, patterned paper, cardstock, and for some added texture simply white Mama's Mesh by Lovebug Creations.
 
 
I can't thank you enough for checking out my project. It means the world to me and I hope you truly enjoyed it. May it inspire you to create something wonderful!
Come back Monday November 4th for the new Monthly Challenge
and
Wednesday for the announcement of the blog hop winner!
Happy Crafting and Scrappy Hugs,

 
 Up next is Nadja!!

Here is our complete line up in case you get lost along the way.

23 comments:

  1. Love this wall hanging!! Great colors too!! Loves Madge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sugar skulls also! Great job! I have a post on my blog about it_ hope you don't mind if I share the link!
    http://www.thepaintedcrane.com/1/post/2013/10/day-of-the-dead.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! such great details! I have not seen the Ole', I will have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project!!! Love the colors and your design. Again thank you for this amazing hop and letting me be part of it!

    Nadja

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic wall hanging been and left love and following all. thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wall hanging is fabulous! I would sooooo put it in my room! :)
    TFS <3 Midge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card.
    I follow you with bloglovin'
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun blog hop, so glad I found it through your post on FB!! Beautiful wall hanging, I love your sugar skull :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just finished the hop but Aisha did not have a post for this hop yet. I'll try again later. I follow you with bloglovin'.
    Forgot to mention in my earlier post that I love the red, gray and black color combo on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and colorful wall hanging - thank you for hosting the hop and letting me play today!
    Cyberhugs.........Mama LoveBug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Connie I too was so excited to see you do this theme for a hop. I had just gotton a new Cricut cart and I saw that sweet skull and know I had to join the fun. YouI like the colors you went with and how cute is your skull. Thanks for having me on your hop. HUG AJ-

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! I love the colors you used and the use of the mesh!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hopped and commented on them all and have new blogs to stalk :) I did see #8 had no project so... :( Thanks for hosting this hop. The projects were all amazing!! I have to try this skull now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great Job on your wall hanging!! I love it. Thanks for hosting!! I followed the rules.


    racincrafts at aim dot com
    racincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors and the wall hanging is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the red and black color combo and the flower rub on for the eyes was such a fantastic idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous hop! Great projects by everyone! I followed the rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute!! Love the colors you chose! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm back! Really enjoyed the hop....and I followed the rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for putting this hop on. Your project is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea for a hop!! Love your wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun idea for a hop!! Love your wall hanging

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Wordpress Gadgets